DIY Network

COMMENT ON THIS PROJECT

    

Sign in

All fields are required.

E-mail Address:

Password:

Remember me on this computer

Signing in

Please enter your email address and we will send your password

E-mail Address

Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.

Not a member?

Sign up with DIY Network to share tips with other do-it-yourselfers and comment and ask questions on projects.

It's free and easy.

Already a Member?
Sign In Now

2,700 Results for "Headboard"

Vintage Headboards, I make headboards using old vintage door and new doors, Bedrooms Design
Headboard Made From a Door, Headboards made from old doors and headboards made from new doors., Bedrooms Design
Old door headboards, One panel old door made into a headboard then sprayed satin black to finish it off.  Great conversation piece for any bedroom., Bedrooms Design
Headboard Made From a Door, View some recent creations of headboards made from old and new doors., Bedrooms Design
Re-Imagined, OK, so here it is; my latest project…….done at last.  
After seeing a beautiful headboard made from a piece of architectural salvage, in a magazine, I couldn't wait to make one of my own.  I searched high and low and finally found a sofa that was made in 1880 at the flea market.  I could not get the sofa to fit into my car, so I asked the man that I purchased it from if he would take it home and take it apart for me, then I would come over and pick it up.  I really wanted the back of the sofa and the wood trim along the front and back of the sofa as well.  He was nice enough to oblige me, so I went over the following day and brought the treasure home.   I took the remaining pieces apart and removed the old horse hair stuffing before cleaning and sanding the wood.   I liked the patina of the original wood so I just waxed it to restore some much needed moisture to the now 134 year old wood and veneers.   
Then it sat in my laundry room for about three years….I was stuck on how to make it work and it seemed like such a HUGH daunting undertaking… OMG what was I thinking.  
Well last week I decided that now was the time to just do it.  I used a pair of raw silk drapes that I bought at the thrift store for the button tufted face of the headboard.  My Engineering background and the PINK tools that my co-worker bought me as a retirement gift came in mighty handy for the rest of the project.  I also bought a pair of platform bases that had three drawers each, for, if you can believe it, ten dollars, at the Goodwill Outlet.  Having a tiny house, extra storage is always needed.  I did some repairs to the drawers and then sanded, stained and added antique pulls to the drawers.  I built the foot-board from the back lower board of the sofa which had the original sofa legs attached it.  I tried to reclaim as many of the sofa parts as I could in this project.  I have to say, I feel pretty proud of myself, my back however is not so happy with me.   Now I just need a set of antique night stands.  Nothing left to do now but to try it out., Bedrooms Design
Re-Imagined, OK, so here it is; my latest project…….done at last.  
After seeing a beautiful headboard made from a piece of architectural salvage, in a magazine, I couldn't wait to make one of my own.  I searched high and low and finally found a sofa that was made in 1880 at the flea market.  I could not get the sofa to fit into my car, so I asked the man that I purchased it from if he would take it home and take it apart for me, then I would come over and pick it up.  I really wanted the back of the sofa and the wood trim along the front and back of the sofa as well.  He was nice enough to oblige me, so I went over the following day and brought the treasure home.   I took the remaining pieces apart and removed the old horse hair stuffing before cleaning and sanding the wood.   I liked the patina of the original wood so I just waxed it to restore some much needed moisture to the now 134 year old wood and veneers.   
Then it sat in my laundry room for about three years….I was stuck on how to make it work and it seemed like such a HUGH daunting undertaking… OMG what was I thinking.  
Well last week I decided that now was the time to just do it.  I used a pair of raw silk drapes that I bought at the thrift store for the button tufted face of the headboard.  My Engineering background and the PINK tools that my co-worker bought me as a retirement gift came in mighty handy for the rest of the project.  I also bought a pair of platform bases that had three drawers each, for, if you can believe it, ten dollars, at the Goodwill Outlet.  Having a tiny house, extra storage is always needed.  I did some repairs to the drawers and then sanded, stained and added antique pulls to the drawers.  I built the foot-board from the back lower board of the sofa which had the original sofa legs attached it.  I tried to reclaim as many of the sofa parts as I could in this project.  I have to say, I feel pretty proud of myself, my back however is not so happy with me.   Now I just need a set of antique night stands.  Nothing left to do now but to try it out., Bedrooms Design

« Previous

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 450

Advertisement